This time of year the weather tends to be troublesome in the Florida region, but NASA still hopes to try again with its Artemis I uncrewed launch to the Moon on September 27th.
Here are the updated mission facts:
- Launch date: Sept. 27, 2022
- Mission duration: 38 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes
- Total distance traveled: 1.3 million miles
- Re-entry speed: 24,500 mph (Mach 32)
- Splashdown: Nov. 05, 2022
CNN reports that “Concerns over the weather system forming in the Caribbean put the weather conditions at only 20% favorable for a launch.” So don’t get your hopes too high, but at least NASA has resolved the hydrogen leak.
Update: You can uncross those fingers. The launch is being delayed due to weather.